Monday, February 20, 2012

Quit Holding Hands With Your Past.

“A thousand times I’ve failed, still Your mercy remains.”
How reassuring, but difficult.
I wish I could put into words what I’ve been struggling with on my spiritual walk, but I really can’t. 
So many times in life we look back into our past, while sometimes that can be a fun thing at other times, it’s full of regrets and struggles. I feel like when we look back on the bad parts, it brings back those feelings we experienced at that time and just brings us down more. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing to look back, it’s a perfect way to see how much you’ve grown and gotten to from where you began. BUT, there are some circumstances when we should no longer glance at those regrets but do a 180 and walk away. We can’t grow/learn from our mistakes if we keep dwelling on them. At some point, you’ve got to stand up and take some initiative for yourself and reassure yourself God has better things planned for you (Jer. 29:11) and that no matter how dark it seems, there is ALWAYS a light at the end of a tunnel no matter what. There are only seasons in this life, no permanent settings. Things change day to day, and even within minutes. So with all bright things ahead, why are we STILL holding hands with the past? I have a personal issue with getting frustrated with people who don’t listen to the WHOLE sha-bang. It’s like I could just hold them and shake them to try to get my point fully across. If something didn’t make it in your future, leave it in the past. It’s over, better things ahead. YOU HAVE TO move on, stay strong, and always keep on keepin’ on. 
James 1:2 tells us. “for when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.” I don’t know if it’s just me, but that just hit me. Dead on. It’s only through our trials, we can rise.
So don’t look at the regrets, look at how you’ve grown.
And, “oh the places you will go” when you do so.
-Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment