Monday, February 20, 2012

People are like a vapor, their days like a shadow that disappears. -Psalms 144:4

As I’m still in the midst of how to receive the news my pastor has moved on…I’m without thoughts still. I’m blank. I have nothing to say, except, “this too shall pass”. As I arrived home this afternoon, instead of getting out of truck I sat here for a second and listened to the radio. During this time 2 of my favorite worship songs came on. Glorious Day by Casting Crowns and How He Loves by David Crowder Band. I sat in silence and thought. When I realized that these songs had held me back in my truck to where I still didn’t want to leave, I realized that I will still worship my God even though things constantly go crazy in this life full of twists, turns, and drop offs. Even in laughter the heart may ache, and the end of joy may be grief. -Proverbs 14:13 This won’t be an easy thing to cope with. But this is NOT God’s doing. Not my God. Sure, people will talk, spread rumors, put down people and the church. But that’s not what I’m about and I for one will not take it. My pastor is only dead in the flesh. His spirit is very much alive at the right hand of The throne. I’ll leave with this quote I came across.
“You can shed tears that he is gone, or you can smile because he has lived. You can close your eyes and pray that he’ll come back, or you can open your eyes and see all he’s left. Your heart can be empty because you can’t see him, or you can be full of the love you shared. You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday, or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday. You can remember him only that he is gone, or you can cherish his memory and let it live on. You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back. Or you can do what he’d want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on.”
The Lord gives his people strength; the Lord grants his people security. -Psalms 29:11
The only way to cope, is one prayer at a time for now. -Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment