Monday, February 20, 2012

know when you stumble, you’re never alone

You know when nothing seems to be going your way? Say “for example,” you get your license, but you haven’t gotten to drive yet. Or you have something you want to tell someone, but you wouldn’t dare because it isn’t the right time. Maybe even the fact that you find out you’re going to have to cough up some money soon. Quite a lot actually. What about the fact that you can’t seem to get something you’ve been praying for a lot? What then? Do you let loose of your emotions you constantly keep in a bottle? Or do you bottle them up until you’ve reached the point of explosion. Now, before you go and say to yourself, “sheesh, get over it. you’re a whine bag.” don’t. Give me a chance to explain myself would ya’? Okay, I’m trying. I’m not complaining. I’m actually using this as a prompt to tell you all that even on our weakest days/weeks when NOTHING is going our way…we can still be thankful and happy. Everyday, every mood, every next action is indeed a choice. So let’s make a comparative list of the good and bad, let’s see what sounds better.
Bad:
1. License….no driving yet.
2. No car
3. Struggling with study time in school
4. Patience wearing thin
5. Finding it difficult to prioritize
6. I need to tell you, but dream on because I can’t…I just can’t. So I bottle it up
7. I’m losing my voice
8. Little arguments
let’s transition to the good…
Good:
1. I’m alive
2. I have a roof over my head and clothes on my back
3. I know eventually everything will fall into place, there’s always a light at the end of a tunnel no matter how far the view
4. I HAVE JESUS IN MY HEART :) 
5. AMAZING friends/family in my life
6. I have a rock your socks off, amazing church
7. I have so many people around me that love and care for me
8. God wouldn’t put me through anything I can’t handle
9. No matter how I mess up, my God forgives me and still loves me
10. I’m blessed…no matter what anyone says
So, I seem to have more good than bad…SO DO YOU. You can sit and disagree all you want, but if you take the time and do such a thing and look at the bright side of life for a change, maybe you’ll feel a little differently. There’s always a solution to your problem….Jesus. Believe different? Get to know Him, He’s amazing and that’s only an understatement. Wanna’ hear something awesome that gives me strength? “I am able to do all things through the one who strengthens me” Philippians 4:13 and that my friends, is from the wonderful book of life. The B-i-b-l-e, that’s the book for you and me!
Let’s get real, we all have bad days. Every single one of us. BUT, with a change in heart and a new look on life, we can all get through it. One prayer at a time.
-Holly
P.S - if you’d like to hear a great song that reassures me of things, listen to “Never Alone,” by Lady Antebellum.

No comments:

Post a Comment