Monday, February 20, 2012

My God is a God who provides

“okay just step back…examine yourself…breathe…don’t forgot to breathe…you’re going to be fine…I think”. These are words that formed my week. I think the real test in this week was my words. I watched how I worded things. I’ll catch you up a bit on my life….
History. AP history…tough stuff, it’s quite rough. (poet didn’t know it?!) anyways, my grade slipped a bit so I had to battle to get it up. It’s a very hard class. We had a quiz today (Friday) which would be my opportunity to bring it up. Well I studied like I’ve never studied before. Why? Because if I didn’t I was going to lose all my privileges; truck, phone, etc. That’s when it hit me while speaking those words I said earlier… My problem was I THINK I CAN DO IT. the word tells us that what we speak we shall have, right? I experienced it first hand this week.
Last Sunday in our service our guest speaker touched on words. The positive and negative. People always say “God doesn’t answer my prayers”….well He answered them I guess? You’re speaking that negative content over your life, that will be your result.
This whole week I said, “I will pass this test.” I continuously told myself this. Friends would say, “are you sure?” and my response would be simple, “God believes in me. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me” (Phil 4:13). After saying something a lot, you tend to believe it. So I did.
Well today was test day. This was it. It all came down to my faith and remembrance from studying. And praise God, I remembered all my terms and passed that quiz. I did better than ever. Why? I spoke positive things and the name of Jesus over it.
My God is a God who provides.
School is almost done, I’ll finish by one prayer at a time :)
-Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment