Monday, February 20, 2012

just do your best to hear me, it’s all you can do.

As girls we’re all told growing up that every boy is the same. They’re all stupid, dogs, and well pigs. That no matter how different we think they are, they’ll eventually prove it right and put you over. We all sit and wonder about that “perfect” person. We hope for all the best, dream about the movies we see, and pray that the person just for us will suddenly appear before our eyes and live happily ever after. I wish I could go along and I say I believe the loads I just told you, but I can’t. Now, don’t get me wrong…I’m only sixteen. You’re probably thinking to yourself that I have the rest of my life to figure this kind of stuff out and that this should really be the least of my worries…am I right? Oh you’re too predictable. Not really, I’m just figuring all the angles of the wide audience I am speaking to. Some of you, the sappy rediculous, lovey dovey, mushy gushy, teen girls might be thinking, “oh yes. how perfect! my boy is the best” blah blah blah, and life goes on. Well now that I’ve expierianced your thoughts…I’ll go to mine. 
I don’t mind not being up some guys butt about how we’re in “love” and can’t be apart for longer than 15 minutes…I don’t trust a lot of guys, what reason do I have to? None have given me the privledge to. I think what bothers me THE most, is knowing something could be so incredible perfect, but it’s going to take a LONG time. Okay not that long, just a couple of years. I pray and get response and I know what could happen…but it’s a matter of that person listening to God as well. Let me give you an example: you know the joke about the chicken and crossing the road right? Okay, follow me I promise I’m going somewhere with this. So here you are, you’re a chicken. There’s something you know you have to get on the other side of the road and you think the thing on the other side wants you to get over there. Also it knows you’re supposed to be over there, but the only thing in a way is a better animal in the eyes of this other person. So would you rather A) attempt crossing, but risking the possible let down and being ran over. B) make it across the road fine, but once you get there you realized it was the completely wrong timing. OR, C) be patient, wait for this animal to move because you know eventually it’ll pass and then cross at the perfect time and then move along down the road with timing everything just right. I pick….C. Although now sounds great, I know it’s not right. I know timing is everything in this prayer. This big, big prayer coming from just a little voice crying out to God. He hears me, no doubt within me. He knows my heart and greatest desire. Mark 11:24 says, “For this reason I tell you, whatever you pray and ask for, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” Well, I do believe…I hope you do too. If this is what it takes, I’ll get through…you know…just one prayer at a time. 
-Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment